Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Finally Did It

I ordered Karter's wheelchair today. It was a weird sort of excitement. I mean you never want to have to order a wheelchair for your child, but there was still a feeling of happiness when I placed the order; mainly because I know that it gives Karter the ability to be mobile and in time, in dependant. It means he can go to preschool and be part of the activities; it allows him to be able to take part in the world that goes on around him, without sitting in a stroller.

The 'At Home' program has paid for 80% of the chair, however there is an additional amount that we need to cover and it is still a fairly substantial amount. I am still currently waiting on a reply from our extended benefits to see if they will cover a portion of that. We should have an answer by the end of the week.

That leads me to this, a testimony of God's faithfulness to us. I have been very forthright when I share with people about the fact that not only has God covered our needs for food, clothing and shelter, but also in EVERY area of Karter's needs for extra support, equipment and different therapy's. Whether it be something that we need to pay for or that we need to qualify for, Karter has never gone without. This wheelchair is no exception! This past Sunday, we had a young married couple approach us and give us a cheque for a large amount of money towards Karter's chair. They felt led to bless him with that money. They told me that they had been blessed so much and in turn needed to bless out of that overflow. I cried uncontrollably while I sat there and tried to find something to say, other than Thank You! I am still overwhelmed by the gesture and so extremely thankful. So we fear for nothing, our needs are provided for! God has taken care of it.

Ordering the chair for me was a step of faith and an act of obedience. I am passionate and firmly believe the promises that God gives us in His word, and although I find the believing part not as difficult, it is the faith part (which involves an action) that is hard.

The wheelchair should be ready in about 4-6 weeks. I will keep you posted about how it all works out.

No comments: