Thursday, June 18, 2009

Follow Up Visit

With the unreliable internet connection here at the hospital, I find myself unable to log in so that I can work, so I thought I might as well post now.

We got here to Children's at 10:30 this morning. An IV was started, again without tears (what an amazing trooper my little guy is). We waited 5 minutes and then they did the dye injection. We were then sent on our way at 11:00 to wait until the scan at 1pm.

We stopped by the neuro clinic as we waited in between appointment. The decision was made to up his meds until we can get the scan results back and come in for an appointment, most likely in July.

At 12:45, the anesthesiologist came in and let us know that they were on time. Amazing! By 1:00 he was in the room and now I sit waiting for him to finish up.

Today has been a really easy day here. Not much stress and very little emotion. Thanks for your prayers. Without them, we would have had a very difficult time making it through this week.

I want to leave you with something that one of my spiritual mentors sent me this week. It was their daily devotional on Tuesday.

HANG ON

Isaiah 55:8-13

8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”

Did you know that the battleground for the problem you are facing right now is in your mind and on your lips? If you will hit the devil with the Word and cast the care of the situation over on God, you’ll win.

Let me warn you though, hanging onto the Word isn’t always easy. The devil knows if he doesn’t steal it from you, you’ll use it to enforce his defeat.

So, don’t be surprised if he sends an evil spirit to exalt itself against the Word of God. If you’re sick, he may begin to tell you, “You’re not healed. It might work for someone else, but not for you.”

If he starts to tell you something like this, DON’T BELIEVE IT! Don’t buy it! Don’t start worrying about it and thinking, “Oh my, I’m afraid I’m not going to get healed. I sure don’t feel healed. Why I’m probably going to just get worse and worse…”

Remember this: It’s the Word that does the work, not the one holding onto it. It’ll work for anybody who’ll put it to work. It’ll work for you just like it worked for Jesus when He walked the earth.

He told Satan, “It is written!” No matter what the devil tries to tell you, refuse to let go of the Word. Tell him what is written concerning your situation. Let the Word fight its own fight. It’ll whip the devil every time.

No comments: