Monday, June 23, 2008

Need some accountability....

Ok, my plan for this week...to get a video uploaded of Karter's progress. Be patient with me, I will get it done. I just wanted to show you the comparasion on where we have come from and where we are now. I figure if I temp you with it, I will have no choice but to get it done

Anyhow, we have a rather busy week. Wednesday we meet a rep from one of the equipment companies. He will be fitting Karter for a walker and or stander and will be talking about what his needs will be over the next while and he will assess what we will need to get for Karter. As I mentioned to you a few months back, Karter was approved for the 'At home' prgoram. So these pieces of equitpment, that would have cost us $1000's out of pocket, will be paid for my that program. PTL for blessing and favor!

After that appointment we head to Chidlren's for a six month check in. Kristin was asking me the other day how I was feeling about it. Honestly, I hate it! It tends to send me realing for a few days. We have had so many 'bad appointments' when we go there (clinical I suppose I should say), that I have a hard time expecting the best. All the other agencies we work with are focused on what he IS doing rather than what is is NOT. I understand and can appreciate the 'cautious optimism' thing from the doctors, but it can still be tough to hear the things that you know in your head, but choose to look at differently and believe in your heart. So we would covet your prayers for that appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

A great thing for today....when I was doing Karter's physio routine this morning, he was able, while leaning forward, to sit unassisted for a few seconds. I showed my mom a few hours later, and still able...so thigns are coming along. Long way to go, but one step at a time, we will get there.

Thanks!

No comments: