Saturday, June 7, 2008

As transparent as saran wrap....

I am going to be as candid as I ever have been. I have been juggling with some thoughts the last while and for the first time I am really...well, I guess stumped would be the word. So here goes...

The technological world is really an amazing thing. You basically have anything at your disposal at any time of the day, anywhere. We had a friend playing in Israel a few weeks back, obviously we could not be there, but as he played, we were able to watch the LIVE feed. It really does amaze me. If I have a question, the Internet has an answer, instantly.

A week or so back, Kurt had gone out to play hockey late one night. There was nothing to watch on TV, so I went to the computer. I had just been talking with my sister in law about the Lakeville revival, that is going on in Florida right now. To sum it up, Todd Bently (an Abbotsford local) had gone down there in April for a 5 night healing conference and God broke loose and the services have not stopped. They out grew they church, church parking lot, the 7000 seat local stadium and are now in an air conditioned tent that seats 10, 000. As I sat there that night, I watched a service (www.godtv.com) where 1000's were being healed. This night in particular, Todd was having people testify after they had just been healed. He was mainly focusing on those who had arrived in a wheelchair and were leaving on their feet. They would push their wheelchair to the stage and then testify and leave it there! Some had been in chairs for over 9 years. I watched for over an hour, moved to tears, but encouraged.

Brace yourself, I am gonna get fanatical...

You know we have walked out this journey with a firm grasp and stand that God will heal our son. Friends, I claim today 'my son is healed', healing is gradual and does take time. Each night, as I lay Karter to bed, instead of asking God heal my son, I pray for a miracle. A bible story, instantaneous, rise up and walk kind of miracle. One that everyone else in our world seems to believe in and experience, but here in North America, we seem to limit to the days when Jesus walked on this earth.

Ever since that night I have struggled with a few things. Part of me says "Get your son to Florida and claim his miracle" the other part of me says "You don't have $700 to waste on your fanatical hope and crazy whim", then I wrestle with "Is my son not worth to money to even try?". Seriously, I am driving myself crazy :-)!!!

Seriously though, those questions then lead me to this. There is an obvious movement there, God is meeting people in that place, like no other we are seeing in North America. Do we discount that and then say 'He can move just as well here'? If Karter will receive a miraculous intervention, why would I have to fly clear across the country to find it? But then, if God is moving in that way there, why wouldn't I. I mean, do we load all of our sick into a plane and fly them there? I think you get it.

I am bordering on the fanatical here, I know. But I am ok with that. I have walked this journey every step of the way, as beautiful and difficult as it has been, it has brought me to this place. A place that I feel comfortable with and a place that is right for me. It may look strange to others, you may even think "boy she has lost it now", but honestly, I stand today saying I have never believed so much on one thing as I do today. So off my rocker I may be, but better there than I heap of unbelief on the floor.

So for the first time, I am going to ask you for your thoughts...a dangerous thing I know :-) I am even ok if you say "Char, I think you are crazy, get a grip". If you don't want to post one here, you can email me ckwitt@telus.net.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.freshfire.ca/ You don't need to fly to Florida when Todd lives right here in Abby and is coming home soon :D I believe you that Karter will walk and is healed by God's name.

Love Jodi and Mike

Anonymous said...

Honestly I don't think you have to fly there - God can move anywhere -

my mother-in-laws friend was healed here in Langley- she was watching one of the sessions over the internet and todd was mentioning those that have recieding gums (which seems something someone wouldn't even bother praying for)to come forward... this was days after the actual event - she claimed her healing and was healed in her living room.

In saying that - it isn't that you have to go somewhere to be healed or have huge faith - it is all God's timing! Remember sometimes he says "wait" - i know, that is something we don't want to hear, but there is a reason - only he knows.

we love you guys - we are with you!

Anonymous said...

In HIS presence,hi Char i am Zanele i live in S.A i am a believer and prophetes,but i am still under submission,i am 17 of age.Your son is already healed through your FAITH.Thank HIM for a miracle your flesh has not witnessed but your spirit has,show him how much you believe in him-believe me,it will move the heavens!Remember when you run out of you,You run into HIM...