Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Some posts are harder than others...Saturday, March 3, 2007

Today has been a really hard day, I share this with much reservation and anxiety, but I could really use your prayers. My last post was all about how thankful I was to not have to face surgery but instead to face a date at the clinic that had nothing to do with Karter's epilepsy. I am still so thankful, thankful for the progress this far, for the break we have had from everything and just thankful for each smple step.

But today was hard for some reason, partly because I spent time with babies Karter's age. I watched them sit, lay on their tummies and play and interact as seven month olds do. I guess it kind of hit me hard. I try my best to not do the "if this wouldn't have happened" thing, but some days it is hard to get past that, I guess we grieve when we don't expect to.

Then on top of that Karter had a seizure today, that makes three this week, one yesterday and one last Saturday. Right away fear takes hold and the lies start to go through my head. Please pray for us as we face the days ahead.

We have booked a vacation to Maui from March 20-April 3rd. We feel we really need the time away to re-group as a family and just get some rest and relaxation. I have to admit, the past two days have made me feel a bit aprehensive about going away. Please pray that things will settle again and that peace will once again rest with us.

No comments: