Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"It's normal..."Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Last night I went to the Medical Clinic with Karter because he had a rash, it was like little pin pricks all over his tummy and back and his cheeks and chin were very red. He also had red blotches the size of a penny on his back and a few on the tummy. I have seen a lot of rashes in my day but this was something I had never seen. If it was Paige, I probably would have watched it overnight and took her to my Doctor in the morning, but with Karter, I didn't want to take the chance that it was a medication reaction.

So off we went, hair undone, no make-up you know the drill, you are bound to run into someone right? Sure enough as I sat in the waiting room I ran into someone I hadn't seen since my wedding, her daughter was one of my flower girls (one of 10 children), we talked for a bit, her daughter is now 14 and her son 18...they were both in the first daycare I worked at. Did I feel OLD???

After our nice little visit I took Karter into the room to wait for the doctor. It then occurred to me that it was this very day that Karter was suppose to have his surgery. It was 8pm and I realized that I could have been sitting in intensive care with my son as he recovered from brain surgery. The irony that I was sitting in the clinic for something as simple as a rash just made me so thankful. Thankful for the obvious, no surgery, but also thankful that for the first time in his short life we got to go to the clinic for something that was a typical childhood occurrence. Karter and I shared a special moment of tears, thanksgiving and prayers. My gratitude is so huge, my relief even bigger and my faith stronger than ever!. It sure puts things in perspective.

After the doctor saw Karter, he sent us on our way saying that the blotches were eczema (which I had presumed-but they had never been red usually clear) and the rash a viral infection. We are to watch it and if he gets a fever to take him in again, otherwise just go on as normal...NORMAL!!! :-) Thank you Jesus for normal!

No comments: