Friday, January 30, 2009

Know His Power In Quietness and Trust....

I have shared with a few of you this week that this is one of the first times that I have felt weary in this journey. Weary in the physical sense as well as emotionally. The idea of entering another year where things are completely up in the air is really hard. Gearing up to go once again to Children's felt a bit overwhelming, but it was something we knew we needed to do in order to move forward in Karter's treatment.

So Karter and I ventured out to Children's Hospital this morning at 7:30 am. This was a bit of a stretch for both of us and we usually do not rise until close to 8. It was obvious however that we were bathed in prayer. I felt a real peace as I drove into town. The highway traffic fairly clear, the sun shining, my little guy chatting away and laughing in the back seat. For this first time all week I felt lighthearted again.

We arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes early, which gave me time to give Karter his milk and just hang in the van tickling him and hearing him giggle (which is just about the best thing in the world). Just before it was time to get organized to go inside, this song came on. It has been my anthem since almost day one of this journey. How fitting it was, what 'God-timing'. Just another reminder that we are not forgotten.

So with that song in my heart, we went in for our EEG at 9am. Karter was hooked up and ready to go by 9:30. I fed him breakfast and then stepped out at 10am to grab a Starbucks. I came back 10 minutes later and the tech said "Well, I think we can stop now, I got what I need". While I was gone he had a cluster of seizures that gave her all the information that she needed. By the time they unhooked Karter and washed him up, we were gone by 10:30. Our appointment was to go until noon. So you can imagine, I was pretty excited! The least amount of time we have to spend there, the better. Thanks God!

It always amazes me that when we can admit, "Ok God, I can do no more on my own strength, I am weary" how He honors our honesty. I have been encouraged a number of times this weeks by a kind gesture, heartfelt words and God breathed moments. Even last night, I had someone ask us if there was anything they could do to help out with the expenses and needs Karter may have - that generous hearts response blew me out of the water! I thought about it for a minute and was able to let that they know that because of God's provision, there is nothing right now that Karter lacks. WOW - how many people can say that? We are well taken care of, we are provided for, we are blessed. Even in our darker times, He is there. We just need to remember that we receive power when we quiet ourselves to listen and to trust.

We will not hear anything about the results until our Doctor is back from holidays and can read the EEG. I will update you at that time. I just wanted to share with you about the morning and about how I was really encouraged.

Here are the lyrics to that song:

Still - Reuben Morgan

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hands

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You, above the storm
Father, You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul, in Christ alone
Know His power, in quietness and trust

1 comment:

Jason and Kristin said...

Awesome! God is so faithful.