Monday, January 5, 2009

The snow is making me crazy....

This morning we were scheduled or shall I say re-scheduled for Karter's prolonged EEG. I woke this morning to yet another night of snowfall. I listened to the radio only to confirm what I thought when I looked out my window - it was chaos on the roads.

I called Children's to see what we could do. There was no way we were going to get in for 9:30. I had already rearranged our schedules to make today work. They agreed to let us come in at 1:00 and hook Karter up at that time. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Kurt ended up taking Karter in and staying with him through the day. I visited at dinner and left around 9 as Kurt was staying through the night.

Karter did not sleep well today, he catnapped for about 20 minutes - most likely due to the fact that he has to sleep with the lights on, due to the video monitoring that goes along with this test. Kurt just called to say that Karter had fallen asleep for about an hour and then woke up and is now very upset. It could be a tough night for both of them, so if you read this still tonight, please pray that they will both settle in for a peaceful nights sleep and that Kurt will have the strength to sustain him through the night.

Because of the late arrival, we did not see the dietitian or Dr. Conolly. I will keep you posted on any results we get over the next week or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was just heading to bed, decided to take a quick look before turning in. Praying right now. Love,Janean

Annika said...

WE are praying for you guys!
Annika and family