Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grant Applications....

The process of applying for grants for the wheelchair van has now commenced. I spent about three hours the other day writing the application letter for one of the agencies that we are applying to for funds.

At this point, we will be applying for three grants. For the first, a letter of inquiry went in last week. The foundation will review and ensure we meet the criteria. Once they have made their determination they will send us an application package and I will get to work on that.

The other two charities have an application process. I have filled out the paperwork but now we start the process of getting quotes, letters from our doctors and therapists as well as meeting other criteria they set out for us.

Kurtis has been researching furiously different conversions, different vans and we are trying to determine what will suit Karter's needs best.

It looks like our project cost will be somewhere in the realm of about $60,000! Although this is a completely unattainable amount for us, it is not for God. We are trusting fully for the provision to make it happen.

As we embark on this process, we are asking that you cover us in prayer. That we would encounter favor in every area that we apply. It goes against what God has shown me in the past to NOT trust Him to make provisions; so I rest in that. A number is just that, a number, it is really insignificant when it comes down to it. We trust Him to provide where we cannot on our own.

I am so excited to be able to share this with all of you. I am expecting good things! I will keep you updated as I know more.

No comments: