Friday, November 20, 2009

Surgery Update - 1



I just thought that I would let you all know that Karter went into surgery a bit later than we thought. I believe they took him in around 1:30.

We met many doctors and other people that will be with Karter in the OR. He is in very good hands. The nurse put emela cream on Karter's hands and feet so that the IV start is less Painful and then before surgery the surgeon comes in and initials the side of Karter's head where the incision will be made.





Karter had a rough hour prior to surgery since he was so hungry. He had not eaten since dinner time last night. Needless to say, he was really grumpy! Kurt and I fasted with him so we understood how easy it was to complain!

The hardest moment was when we handed Karter to the nurse to take him into the OR. He cried and that just got us. It was hard to see him walk away in someone else's arms. But we were able to gather ourselves fairly quickly as we headed for our waiting post, the ICU waiting room. God is good!

We feel such peace as we sit in the waiting room. I have been checking Facebook, Kurt is out getting us something to eat and we feel like this is like any other day. This is the true grace of our Father. His peace transcends all understanding. We are so blessed to have Him to turn to.

I will do my best to update you as we get work throughout this afternoon. Thanks for your support.

I wanted to leave you with a beautiful email I go this morning just before leaving for the hospital. It is from a dear friend.

"We have been praying for Karter since we awoke at 6:30am and as I've been praying for him here at work the Lord gave me a beautiful word/picture I knew I had to share with you. This has taken me a while to write due to tears not stopping and that is a bit of a problem here at work. :)

Anyways, the Holy Spirit whispered to me that as Karter falls asleep for this surgery, not only will He guide the surgeons hands, have angels on guard, and bring complete healing to little Karter; but He will use this time to give Karter dreams of His amazing love for him. In his dreams, Jesus will play with Karter, read to Karter, laugh with Karter and share with Karter His great plans for his life. The picture I saw was Karter on Jesus' knee embraced by Him, protected, and Karter oblivious to anything going on around him as he was in His father's lap. The peace, joy and laughter from that place was so beautiful.

So know that as your son is on the operating table, the Lord is speaking to Karter and has Him on His lap completely embraced in everything Christ is."

4 comments:

Candice said...

Wow ! Okay, I am sobbing...AGAIN ! Karter has gone through more in his 3 years of life than ANY of us have gone through. AND, he has blessed more people than you could even know. His testimony is one that is strong and one that HE will be able to speak SOON ! Praise God for what he has done so far and will continue to do. The fact that you have such peace can ONLY come from Him. Be blessed, and be a blessing ! Your story is touching lives. Love you !

Karter Witt said...

Thanks Candice. You are the 2nd person in two days that has spoken a word about Karter speaking his testimony. We receive that and SO much more!

Kristin said...

Yep, I join with Candice. Tears are flowing...haven't stopped thinking about Karter all day. I have just been picturing him on Jesus' lap all day, knowing that God has Him in His hands. We are looking forward to hearing that he's out and all went well! Love you

TK said...

I woke up yesterday with the urge to pray for Karter and your family and I have not stopped. This poem brought tears to my eyes because it is so like our Heavenly Father to be like your friend described. He is everything we need, exactly when we need it.

I'm still praying and believing for a miraculous recovery.