Monday, May 21, 2007

3 days post surgery

Amazed, astonished, shocked, overjoyed, overwhelmed, thankful, fully blessed; these are just a few of the words that come to mind when we think of how we feel about this whole last few days. It really has been a miracle to watch Karter bounce back and heal so quickly. If there wasn't a scar on his little head, I could forget that he just had surgery three days ago. God hears our prayers loud and clear and He answers them always in the right way.

We arrived home about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Paige was just stepping out the door to go to her cousins ballet recital so Karter, Kurt & I all lay down for a two hour nap :-) The evening was great, we had dinner provided by a friend, a few visitors and some time with family and we were off to bed fairly early.

Karter slept right through the night and was right back on schedule this morning as if he had not skipped a beat this past few days. I just really cannot believe this chapter has been written and it is done!

I posted a few pictures on the previous posts of Karter in the hospital just so you could see the transformation from day to day. As well I have posted a progress video on this post so that you can see him for yourself and see how amazing he is doing.

I cannot begin to tell you how important your prayers were this past weekend. Kurt and I honestly walked through it with little stress. We felt so relaxed and at peace the whole time, that can only be explained through the power of God, as can Karter's progress thus far. I will keep updating as we journey this next road to recovery, but again I wanted to thank you for all you have done to support us along the way to get us to this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing! May God continue to give Krter a speedy recovery and grant you peace in all things. Thank God for His care and love for you in your journey
Love & Prayers
Ruth & Doug

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus...

Candice said...

Isn't it so amazing how resilient (sp?) they are...WOW !!

I have to tell you that when I saw the pics post-op all bandaged, I cried...surprise, surprise ! It's just so crazy what this little guy has gone through already in his life and what a testimony he has. Not many have one at 10 months.

God is faithful and SO GOOD !! We love you guys and our prayers will continue to be with you :)