Wednesday, October 17, 2007

...Oh yeah I almost forgot...

In August we had asked that you pray that the Lord would bring around the right job for me. I shared with you the challenges I faced with having a job and yet I needed to be able to contribute to our families finances each month. Well as usual God came through once again. This time it was so evident that He heard my specific prayer and answered it to those specifications.

When we returned from Maui I starting talking with a company called PraiseCharts.com. They are an online music chart company. They offer downloadable music to different churches, schools and other organizations. They offer music charts and orchestrations for Prasie bands and orchestras. I work in the Customer Service department. I offer answers to technical issues related with downloading music and other issues with the website, I deal with refunds, invoices and a few other accounting details. Most of the time the questions are through email but there are also some phone calls. I love it, it gives me something to do that uses the organizations and administrative parts of my brain. The greatest part of the whole thing is that I can work from home 10-15 hours per week when it works for me! I usually work while the kids nap in the afternoon and some mornings when Paige is in preschool or at dance.

In addition to this job I also took in a 4 year old girl one day a week. That has been great, it is more like a playdate for Paige than a job. The girls get on so well and have such a great time together that my job is so easy.

In the summer when I started praying about what I could do for work, I shared my heart with the Lord and shared my anxieties and concerns with Him about going back to work. I had to leave it with Him and trust that He would take care of it. I never would have imagined things would have wored out this perfect. I had a revelation the other day when I was thanking God for "bring it all together". I felt like He said "See I hear you and I answer your prayers". This was a real encouragment for me. I have often struggled and feared that God doesn't hear my prayers or that He won't answer them. Again He reminded me "Do you trust me?". It was so amazing to be reminded that He is there, He does hear and He does answer. I continue to ask just as He comands us in Matthew and I know that at some point He will answer. I am also remined that sometimes He answers differently than we ask but in the end, He knows best and His answer is best. "I love the Lord for He heard my cry...long as I live while troubles come I'll hasten to His throne". That is my heart song. I love you Lord!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great news Char!!!! Sometimes when there is something really big you are asking for such as healing you allow yourself to believe that if God is not moving quickly on the big stuff then why would he answer the middle of the road prayer. We start to doubt and without really thinking about it we devise a list of importance almost in the area of prayer and we start to decide what God will and will not answer. It kind of goes like this..."well, he isn't answering this so he won't answer that." We have to just pray and leave it with God what will be will be and Praise Him at every turn in the road...it's all good!