Monday, July 16, 2007

Two months post surgery...

I am sorry it has been so long since the last post, it is amazing how the time can get away on you and fly by. Since our last post there has been some progress. I took Karter to the doctor today for his 1 year shots and he had gained a pound since last month and grown an inch, so we were pleased! he is now 18 pd 12.5 oz and 31 inches long. Obviously, he is eating really well, most times he eats what we do, just mashed up. He still only has four teeth but I think he is working on a few more right now.

Head control has come quite a ways in the past few weeks, he appears so much stronger these days. He is now able to sit in his walker and it appears he really likes the change of scenery from the horizontal to the vertical position. Often he will stay there for about 30 minutes. He has started to grasp at toys and use his hands slightly. We are hoping putting him in the walker will help him learn to bare weight on his legs and lean on his arms and elbows for support. I have posted a video for you to see what he is doing.

As you recall, I mentioned that the neurologists told us up to three months post surgery we could still see seizures and that they consider them to be residual effects of surgery. The other day we were shopping and Karter had been sleeping for a very brief period of time and was awakened suddenly. I cannot explain to you what happened, except to say it appeared a bit abnormal to me. It was ever so slight and may honestly been nothing, but I was uncomfortable with what he was doing. I choose to say, believe and live out the promise that Karter is healed and that surgery is successful and I ask that you continue to pray that way as well. We refuse to get discouraged and know that the stand we have taken is bold and will come under attack, so please pray for continued strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the walker is a GREAT tool to strengthen his legs and for his upper body to get used to carrying his lower body. He looks great sitting there....good for you Karter and Happy Birthday